First off, please note that the Vet Letter is UP! After receiving a 2nd opinion, we’ve decided that there are many more things to take into consideration than we first thought.
On March 7th, 2012, we will be meeting with an orthopedic surgeon 100 miles away to discuss Tank and Tanks issues. At that time, this surgeon will determine whether or not it’s even safe/beneficial for Tank to move forward with surgery.
The consult will cost anywhere between $150-$250. They cannot give an “exact” amount as they aren’t sure what will need to be done, or how long that will take.
Honestly, I would appreciate any help I can get right now raising money for this. Obviously, $250 is a lot of money to spend for a vet to tell me “yay” or “nay”, but we need a final, written in stone answer.
We’ve started him on an additional med in the mean time. Forgive me, as I don’t know the name of it, but it’s an injection that’s given in his muscle. Right now they are doing the “starter doses”. He’s already gotten two of these, and he’s due for another one Friday, and one more next week. After that, it’ll be once a month.
So there’s my/his updates! Read his vet’s letter to learn more about exactly what’s wrong… Once we see the specialist, we’ll upload a letter with his/her recommendations as well.